6br - Escape the city in the Eastern Townships
(Eastern Townships near Derby Vermont)
$219,999 / 6 br
Clck on the link to see more photos.
Join the many USA residents (like Donald Sutherland and Michael Douglas) who enjoy homes of distinction in this undiscovered country areas of Stanstead, Quebec.
Our beautiful and unique homes may have been built in 1835. Discover their many features:
• Near the border of Quebec Canada and Vermont, USA for a great location for a import business. Many people here speak both French and English
• Fully furnished, some antiques
• At least six bedrooms, three baths
• An original stone fireplace now with a Vermont castings high efficiency insert.
updated plumbing, electrical, windows
• Environmentally friendly Thermal Heating Pump for summer cool and winter warm.
• Electronic air cleaner.
• Lovely summer enclosed sun porch
• Two balconies for relaxing, one facing the river.
• A vibrating personal sauna available for sale, negotiable!
• One home is a self contained attached office or mother in law apartment, has been rented to tenants in the past.
• Private back yard with perennial garden, small in ground pond with a waterfall.
• Very near the Tomphobia river (you can hear the river in the backyard and throughout the entire home).
• One minute walk from downtown, two bars, two restaurants, a coffee house, drug store, doctor's office, short drive to IGA grocery store plaza with dollar and liquor store, and credit union ……
• Bike path stretches for more that 50 miles, canoe routes galore, a nature lover’s paradise!
• 25 minutes from a beautiful ski town, Magog, Quebec.
• 20 minutes from Newport, Vermont
• Haskell Opera House and Library two minute walk away http://www.haskellopera.org/
• Entrancing and Unique Stone Circle close by
• Many ski areas near by: Jay Peak, ½ hour, Orford ½, Owl’s Head 45 minutes, many more
• Lakes for water recreation, many State parks within close driving in Vermont, Maine and New Hampshire, many Quebec parks within close driving.
• Beautiful Golf 5 minute drive away.
• Trailer park and camp grounds near by
• Beach and Camprgroud nearby Weir Park
• This home could be declared an historical landmark by the town.
The house is located in Stanstead, Quebec, the home of Bishops College. We are almost on the border (in fact, the house was in the USA at one time!)
The lot is .264 acres. Just over a 1/4 acre. The taxes are 1600 a year this year.
Living Room 13x23
Dining Room 12x14
Upstairs Bath 7x10
Downstairs Bath 6x8
Entrance Hall 6x16
Upstairs Hall 10x17
Laundry Room 11x12
Master Bedroom 13x18 (all have walk in closets)
Gable Bedroom 13x17 (off office area with separate entrance)
Balconies x2 6x14
Smaller Attached House or Office 11/2 story:
Room 1 9x10
Room 2 8x11
Upstairs bedroom 14x14
Adjourning room 8x14
Full Bath 6x8
Full Basement, 8 foot ceilings.